daughters header

BENJAMIN HARDIN

ANNOUNCEMENTS

 

RACHEL JACKSON

WELCOME TO THE BENJAMIN HARDIN CHAPTER

GEORGIA SOCIETY

COLUMBUS, GEORGIA

Dedication of Fort Hawkins Marker in Macon, Georgia by city officials,
members of the Fort Hawkins Historical Commission and members of the
Major Philip Cook Chapter of the Georgia Society Daughters of 1812.
State President Ann Williams is shown here wearing a white jacket and hat.

BENJAMIN HARDIN CHAPTER OFFICERS

2014-2016

Lynne Allen Tate
 
President
Anne Brown Wilson
 
First Vice President
Emma Jean Brown
 
Chaplain
Barbara Slade Dayhuff
 
Recording Secretary
Gloria Jones Johnson
 
Treasurer
Judith Vance Lowery
 
Registrar
Nancy Martin Adams
 
Historian
Leslie Calvert Search
 
Librarian

THE BENJAMIN HARDIN CHAPTER MEETS AT THE WYNN HOUSE

The Wynn House was built in 1839 when the city of Columbus was 11 years old. Greek Revival in style, the house has doric columns on three sides and is topped with a cupolo. Originally named “Oakview,” the house was built by Colonel William Wynn, for whom the Wynnton area of Columbus is named.

MEETING SCHEDULE

The Benjamin Hardin Chapter meets three times a year on the second Tuesday in August, November and March.

For more information about U.S. Daughters of 1812 and the War of 1812 Click HERE

Web hyperlinks to non – National Society of the United States Daughters of 1812 are not the responsibility of the National Society United States Daughters of 1812, the StateOrganizations or individual 1812 chapters.

The 1812 insignia is the property of, and is copyrighted by the National Society of the U.S.D. of 1812.

Date Created and Listed on U.S. D. of 1812 Web Site: Updated last June 18, 2016.

EMAIL CHAPTER




 

 

 

 

 

Daughters War 1812